From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Help! 'Personal settings locked'?
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:12:31 GMT
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 16:01:18 +0100
John Logan <logan-j@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I have a problem which has occurred this morning.  On trying to open OpenOffice I have
been met with the following text box:

> Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your
personal settings are locked.  Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal
settings.  Before continuing, you should make sure user 'johnlogan' closes OpenOffice.org
on host 'iPhone.gateway.2wire.net'.

> Do you want to continue?  Yes / No
>
> Needless to say I haven't continued.
>
> What do I need to do to sort this out?  Is there any way of telling if anyone has been
accessing my file?  Can anyone give me a good reason for not changing from OpenOffice which
obviously is not secure, when it should be?

> As I can't access any file on my computer - HELP!!
>
> John Logan

What is your operating system?

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>