From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Function in Base
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2012 14:21:03 GMT
On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 10:04 -0400, Dan wrote:
> Ian Whitfield wrote:
>
>       Edit your form. Then use View -> Toolbars -> Form Design. In this
> toolbar you will see the 2 tools in the attached screenshot. The tool on
> the right in the screenshot is the Add Field tool. Click to open it. The
> name of the extra fields should be at the bottom of the list in a popup window.

Hi Dan,

Yes - with two caveats:

If the dataform control (definition of the record set behind the form)
is _not_ based on a Table object (which is equivalent to a query of
SELECT * FROM TABLE) then a field added to the table definition
subsequent to creating the form will not appear in the Add Field list.

If the dataform control is populated from a QueryDefinition vs a Table
of "SELECT * FROM TABLE" and depending on the data engine used then it
can require a refresh to the connection before the added field names
will display in the Add Field list.

TTBOMK

Thanks,

//drew