From Caesar <cae...@hiwaay.net>
Subject Re: Establish some rules of conduct
Date Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:29:14 GMT

>On 7/7/2012 3:00 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> If this is a serious concern, it will be necessary to take any proposal and its discussion
to the ooo-dev list, where project deliberations are documented.  It might be easier to publish
a monthly FAQ about how the list works and what the guidelines are, rather than having enforced
rules.

>> As a moderator, I am uncomfortable with my duties being expanded to monitoring behavior
around hot-button situations.  I would not want to act without a complaint being copied to
ooo-users-owner@ incubator.apache.org.  Unilateral action is not something I am willing to
accept an accountability for.

Then perhaps you should ask yourself:

1) what are a moderator 's duties?

2) am I willing to discharge them?

I prefer mailing lists because they offer "moderation".  Without
moderation, then we degrade to Usenet.