From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to Mountain Lion
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:22:35 GMT
On 2012-07-30 9:01 AM Steve Ahlers wrote:
> Have any of you OS X users upgraded to Mountain Lion? I have read that some people who
have upgraded are having problems accessing non-App Store third party software due to the
built in malware protection. I'm sure there is a relatively easy work around in the malware
settings but it would be a panic for the average computer user.

See "Mountain Lion: About Gatekeeper" http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

If an application isn't signed you can open it by

1. In Finder, Control-click or right click the icon of the app.
2. Select Open from the top of contextual menu that appears.
3. Click Open in the dialog box. If prompted, enter an administrator name and password.

The application will then always run.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada