From Joost Andrae <Joost.And...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Default ocale in headless mode
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:41:37 GMT
Hi,

> I'm running OOo in headless mode on a Linux instance, using a command much
> like:
>
> $ soffice.bin
> -accept=socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager
> -env:UserInstallation=file:///var/data/alfresco/oouser -nologo -headless
> -nofirststartwizard -nocrashrep -norestore
>
> It's generating document previews for us. Unfortunately the previews
> generated appear to be in an en_US locale, such as for Excel documents
> uploaded with a date in. Explicitly setting the locale for a cell in Excel
> is respected by OOo, this is only for the default case. We'd like to use
> en_GB and the output of $ echo $LANG is en_GB.UTF-8.
>
> How could I set the default locale for OOo?

I expect you're running the soffice from root shell. On UNIX systems the
root user usually has a C (Posix) locale which maps to en-US but from my
knowledge has a smaller char set. You could try to put the soffice.bin
-accept=socket... string into a shell script and put a line containing
"export LANG=en_GB.UTF8" before it. And you need to check if your system
really supports an en_GB.UTF8 locale in /usr/share/locale or
/usr/lib/locale before.
What output does the command "locale -a" give on your system ? Did you
really configure a complete locale support on your system when
installing it ?

Kind regards, Joost