From Caesar <>
Subject Re: Establish some rules of conduct
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:50:32 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jul 2012 13:20:19 -0400, Rob Weir <> wrote
Re Re: Establish some rules of conduct:

>On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Scooter C <> wrote:
>> I agree 100% with Ceasar.
>> Moderators are supposed to moderate, not complain that its too much work.
>> Volunteering is not an excuse for not doing the work.
>> Think where the Red Cross would be had the volunteers not done
>> their assigned jobs, according to the RULES.
>The point is that Moderators have no sticks, aside for rejecting spam.
>We only have carrots.  Peer leadership, showing good examples, etc.,
>are tools we have.  You have them as well.
>A code of conduct is not a bad thing to have, but please consider it
>as something we might develop by consensus and point users to when
>they've gone astray.  But don't expect that enforcement will go beyond
>peer reinforcement.

Are you saying that a moderator doesn't have the ability to expel and
ban an email address?  If so then maybe this list ought to be
reincarnated as a Yahoo list server group such as

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message