From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Establish some rules of conduct
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:20:19 GMT
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Scooter C <> wrote:
> I agree 100% with Ceasar.
> Moderators are supposed to moderate, not complain that its too much work.
> Volunteering is not an excuse for not doing the work.
> Think where the Red Cross would be had the volunteers not done
> their assigned jobs, according to the RULES.

The point is that Moderators have no sticks, aside for rejecting spam.
We only have carrots.  Peer leadership, showing good examples, etc.,
are tools we have.  You have them as well.

A code of conduct is not a bad thing to have, but please consider it
as something we might develop by consensus and point users to when
they've gone astray.  But don't expect that enforcement will go beyond
peer reinforcement.