From Shenfeng Liu <liush...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for an ooo-users FAQ? (was re: Great E-mail addendum)
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:53:14 GMT
I saw the more frequent question might be about subscription.
Maybe I'm just talking about my dream... But here is my 2 cents:
e.g. I have an email account people@not-in-list.com . And I sent a mail to
ooo-users to ask for a question about AOO. There might be 2 kind of
situations:
(1) I want to subscribe to ooo-users, and get more information;
(2) I just care my own question, and hope to get related replies, but I
don't want to subscribe.

So ideally, I think the behavior should be like:
(1) The system can identify if the sender is in the ooo-users list or not.
(2) If the sender is not in the ooo-users list (e.g. people@not-in-list.com)
, when people reply, the receiver should automatically be "ooo-users +
people@not-in-list.com". I'm not sure if our mail list is working this way
or not.
(3) Then, if ooo-users list get a mail from a people not in this list,
maybe it can send a mail to this people, asking if he want to subscribe,
and if yes, how.

- Simon