From Fernando Cassia <>
Subject Re: Macros are a pain to use
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:53:53 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Dale Erwin <> wrote:
> It took me quite a while to figure out how to make the assignment, but I
> finally did it, and it's working great.

It is called "learning". The first time I used MS WinWord 2.5 it also
"took me quite a while" to undersand how to align paragraphs.

For some reason, today´s users demand instant magical solutions,
without learning, which, sadly, takes some time... I blame it on the
iPhone and the dumbing down of user interfaces...

Don´t get me wrong, nothing personal, I´m just making a general
observation about software users´ expectations...

I also remember when the "F1" key was used for "help". and pressing
"F1" instantly brought you help relative to the context where the
keypress happened (ie in IBM OS/2).
I notice it also works in OO, but while there´s an entry about "record
macros" there is nothing about "assign macros to a hotkey". There´s
room for improvement there...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message