From Art Scheel <asch...@gmail.com>
Subject Copy/Pasting dates from HTML table to Calc formats wrong
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:18:07 GMT
I am attempting to copy table data where 2 adjacent columns are dates.
MM/DD in one, YYYY in the next.  Obviously these are 2 separate fields.

When pasting into OOo Calc 2.4.0, it formats the date in the first date
column by assuming the year is 2012.  Some of those date fields indicate a
date range such as 03/17-18 (March 17 through 18).  These get interpreted
as 03/17/2018 by OOo.

I've tried pasting unformatted, but almost all browsers seem to add in
random CRLF in fields so when they get pasted, the row/column format is
lost.

I've tried setting all fields to be Text, but when I paste the data, it's
either ignored or overwritten.

There appears to be no way to paste HTML data from a table into OOo Calc as
pure text so there are no auto formatting attempts made.  If this is the
case, I would like to know how to submit a change/addition request.  If I'm
just missing how to do it, I'll gladly thank whoever knows what I'm doing
wrong.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask a question like
this, but I did not see it being against any of the list rules.