From Art Scheel <asch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copy/Pasting dates from HTML table to Calc formats wrong
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:27:29 GMT
What browser did you copy from?  FF and Chrome don't handle it properly
when you use 'paste special' -> 'unformatted'

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Mike Scott <mike@scottsonline.org.uk>wrote:

> On 26/07/12 15:56, Art Scheel wrote:
>
>> I am not trying to concatenate the data.  I just want the date in the
>> first
>> column left alone and the year in the second to also be left alone.
>>
>> Also, I was wrong on the input data.  The date is not MM/DD format, it's
>> spelled out, ie: Dec. 04  as in 12/04 (no year given still).
>>
>> The input data is a wikipedia table and the formatting changes because of
>>
>> My real issue, and I'm not 100% on this, is that OOo does not offer an
>> option to just paste the data sans formatting.  The data I am copying is
>>

> Edit | Paste Special.
>

>  the table here:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**List_of_rampage_killers:_**Americas<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers:_Americas>
>>

> I've just quickly tried that. It asks for a separator character, and I
> said 'tab', which gives a somewhat odd entry layout; but the dates look
> correct :-)
>

> (I'm using OOo 3.2/ubuntu 10.04)
>
> --
> Mike Scott
> Harlow, Essex, England

Molon Labe
"Come and take them"

"By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and
righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and
protection for their families."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the
filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of
animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
-Eleanor Roosevelt