From "John Marsh" <jma...@jocama.com>
Subject RE: Possible Trojan in AOO installer
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:47:57 GMT
Good point Rob. I'm inclined to think that the keylogger had nothing to do
with my AOO download and Norton's warning just happened to coincide with my
clicking on the AOO installer.

John Marsh

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 3:58 PM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Possible Trojan in AOO installer

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> Hello Dan,
>
> Your suggestion does will not work, because...
>
> Am 2012-07-22 15:32:26, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> There are specific steps to installing AOO:
>>
>> 1. Physically remove the computer from the Internet (remove RJ45 cable
>>    or turn off wireless). DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE THIS.
>> 2. Close your anti-virus program (Norton in this case). 3. Install
>> AOO.
>
> He has to download AOO first, then it is hit by Norton and  if  he
> turn off Norton, to download AOO, then he has no protection from the
> Internet
>
> It is called "the chicken and the egg" problem!
>
> I had several problem at customers which  where  not  able  to
> download files because Norton has killed  them  directly  AFTER
> downloading  and sometimes WHILE downloading.

Something to be aware of.  The original poster attached a screen shot of the
error message.  It may have been stripped from the list, but as moderator I
received a copy.  The error message was not complaining about the AOO
installer or executable.  It referenced another file, a keylogger file.

-Rob