From James Knott <>
Subject Re: installation disk
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:41:19 GMT
James Knott wrote:
> Thomas n Barbara Chapman wrote:
>> I have a new imac (OS X Version10.7.3) but i still use a dial up
>> system, 56k modem. Is an open office disk available so that i do not
>> have to do a download.  I do not have a download manager nor do I
>> know if one is available. My isp connection will shut down after 4
>> hrs and I am sure that is not enough time to download open office via
>> my dialup.
>> thanks
>> Tom
> There were disc vendors before it became Apache OpenOffice, though I
> don't know if they're still available.  Is there anywhere else you can
> download, such as work, library, etc.?  If so, you could copy the
> downloaded file to a USB drive and carry it home. Perhaps you have a
> WiFi hotspot near you that you could use?

Another possibility is LibreOffice.  LibreOffice split from OpenOffice
after Oracle bought Sun and made a mess of things.  The two products are
very similar.  You can now buy an official LibreOffice DVD from here:

BTW, my birthday is in October, so perhaps they should call it
"LibraOffice".  ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message