From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: open office writer
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 12:53:23 GMT
Dieter Lichtner wrote:
> to whom it may concern,
> I am writing you from Germany to this email address, since I couldn't find another approprirate
one.
If this is not the right place for my request, please be so kind and
give me the right address. Even
better, just forward it to that one.

> I love to use open office writer and I have been writing literally thousands of pages
with it.
Very helpful for that is also your writing assistance which suggests a
formerly written word if
one types in the first three letters of it. It shows the remainder of
the suggested word in blue
background, so that, if you click on Enter, it completes the word. (I
had to put it this way,
since I do not know the technical expression for this help)

> What I would like to know is if there is a way to prevent the assistance to delete the
words
it stored when one closes the writer, so that the accumulated "library"
is available at every
start of it. And, too, is it possible to get it to store words with
eight letters already?
(now it does it with ten and more). This would be of great advantage if
someone, like me,
types thousands of pages a year. The German language has words which
have very many letters
since you can just put single words together. This would make the
writing assistance especially
helpful for that language.
> I appreciate any effort to help me with this.
> Sincerely yours
> Dieter Lichtner

      Tools > AutoCorrection Options (third from the bottom of the Tools
menu). Click the Word Completion tab (tab on the right). "Collect words"
should be checked. You might want to check the sentence below it also.
In the minimum word length box you can adjust this from 10 to 8. (I
prefer a minimum length of 6. Doing this works fine for me.)

--Dan