From James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: installation disk
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:35:44 GMT
Thomas n Barbara Chapman wrote:
> I have a new imac (OS X Version10.7.3) but i still use a dial up system, 56k modem. Is
an open office disk available so that i do not have to do a download.  I do not have a download
manager nor do I know if one is available. My isp connection will shut down after 4 hrs and
I am sure that is not enough time to download open office via my dialup.

> thanks
>
> Tom

There were disc vendors before it became Apache OpenOffice, though I
don't know if they're still available.  Is there anywhere else you can
download, such as work, library, etc.?  If so, you could copy the
downloaded file to a USB drive and carry it home.  Perhaps you have a
WiFi hotspot near you that you could use?