From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: Macros are a pain to use
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:25:58 GMT
On 16/07/12 20:11, Dale Erwin wrote:
> I wanted to speed up my editing of a Writer document, so I recorded a
> macro of about 10 keystrokes that must be done at the end of each
> paragraph and before starting the next paragraph in a document in
> Writer.  The problem is that it takes 5 mouse clicks to run the macro.
>
> Is there any reason why the dialog box with my macro in it couldn't be
> left open until explicitly closed?
>
> This is probably not the place to make such a request, but if the
> possibility already exists someone here should be able to tell me how to
> do it.
>
> Thanks.

You could assign the macro to a key, which might be quicker, and not
need an extra window open. Record your macro and save it, then
Tools|Customize|keyboard to associate your saved macro with a suitable
keystroke; I admit it's not very clear, but does seem to work.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England