From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Time for an ooo-users FAQ? (was re: Great E-mail addendum)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 20:22:46 GMT
Le dim. 15 juil. 2012 22:08:04 CEST, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> a écrit
:
> I recall from old Usenet days that it is often very useful to have a stock FAQ message
that is posted from time to time (not more than monthly).

> In the case of ooo-users, I suspect having it on a web/wiki page would also be a good
idea.  That could be linked in the e-mail addendums/signatures for responses to new/unsubscribed
posters.

> The business about how to subscribe and see responses to a non-subscriber request is
something that should have prominence in such a FAQ.

> Are there other tidbits that should be combined into a list FAQ (apart from some gentle
etiquette suggestions)?

Would be a good idea indeed.

Perhaps we should keep that page as short as possible to avoid frightening the user.
We should focus them to the ooo-users list and prevent them to post to the dev ML (which is
receiving many messages that belong to the users ML in fact).

Hagar