From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: spelling
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:34:39 GMT
Hi,

OP is not registered to the list so added the cc. I also "move" this to the ooo-user list
where it belongs more than the dev list. Please don't reply to the ooo-dev list.

Haseler, in addition to the links given by Rory below, you should remove the NZ version of
the dictionary extension. Then restart AOO.

Hagar
Le dim. 15 juil. 2012 10:43:37 CEST, Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> a écrit :
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2012 18:39:12 -0700 (PDT)
> Ninka Albada <ninka_albada@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi There
>>
>> I have been using openoffice for some years now, but for a longtime the spelling
check does not work, I down loaded the openoffice programme a couple of times.
>> Then i tried your help page, not much of a help, you have to become member and sign
in? did it twice one time on wiki (what is that?) and ones for openoffice, but I could not
post anything as I did not use it enough????
>> Anyway I am getting a little bit cranky.. I m not a computer expert and if you go
through your website, you have to be a computer expert to understand it.
>> So please help me out here
>> I downloaded the latest version and I use windows vista, just give me some clear,
easy to follow, step by step advise (just like in the dummies books )
>> regards
>> Haseler
>
> There are two tutorials on the User Forum which may be of assistance
>
> Spell check and language configurations at
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67
>
> Troubleshooting Spell check at
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512
>
> If your spell check does not work promptly, reinstallation of OpenOffice does not help.
 You need to delete your User Profile, as that holds configuration information which a reinstall
does _not_ replace.  Details on how to do this are at
> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426.
>
> OpenOffice then creates a new default profile on next startup. If your spellcheck is
not then working, you need to print out the tutorials and work your way sytematically through
them, checking off each item as you adjust or confirm its setting.  Spellcheck works with
minimal adjustment and configuration; when it doesn't it is frequently due to user misconfiguration.