From tj ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Capability
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 18:19:16 GMT
On 7/13/2012 10:55, drew jensen wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-13 at 07:49 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:24:54 -0400
>> drew <drew@baseanswers.com> dijo:

>>> Apache OpenOffice does not support WordPerfect format files.
>>
>> Wrong. It does support WordPerfect files.
>>

> Well, I just fired up 3.4 under windows and I can't find a reference to
> doing so under the Open Dialog. IIRC it was a decision not to support
> the library that did offer the import filter during the build out of the
> latest release.
>
> //drew

Of course, you are both right. OO.o 3.3 supports *.wpd files, but AOO
3.4 does not; IIRC, one of the many licensing problems with third-party
code. Note that 3.3 is still available, from the archives; see the
Download page.

Since I'm running both 3.3 and 3.4 (under WV), if you like, the OP can
send me a WP file (directly, not on the list!). It will only take a few
seconds to open it with 3.3, save as the M$ format, and reopen that one
for a quick check. I'll have to send the M$ file back for checking; I
don't run M$Office. (Please specify the version of Word and the exact
file extension, if you can.)

/tj/