From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: Establish some rules of conduct
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:02:26 GMT
On 7/9/2012 2:51 AM, Caesar wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:15:37 -0500, Tamblyne <tamblyne@gmail.com>
> wrote Re Re: Establish some rules of conduct:
>
>> Frankly, Back In The Day, the users list was too active for moderation
>> of every submission to be practical.
>
> Moderation is not applied to "every submission".  You are right, that
> would be too much work.  Instead, moderation is applied to users.
>
> 1) Rules for behavior in the group are established and published.
>
> 2) If a person breaks the rules, he is warned.  If he continues
> breaking the rules, he is expelled.
>
> That's how moderated email lists work.   If this is going to be an
> un-moderated email list, that is ok, but then I don't want to be a
> member of it.

The problem with that paradigm in this case seems to be that there is no
provision for expelling a member.  He can be unsubscribed, but can
easily subscribe again.

I suppose it is also not possible to place a particular member on
moderation like it is on other mailing lists.

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org