From Dale Erwin <d...@casaerwin.org>
Subject Re: Establish some rules of conduct
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 20:59:59 GMT
> If this is a serious concern, it will be necessary to take any proposal and its discussion
to the ooo-dev list, where project deliberations are documented.  It might be easier to publish
a monthly FAQ about how the list works and what the guidelines are, rather than having enforced
rules.

> As a moderator, I am uncomfortable with my duties being expanded to monitoring behavior
around hot-button situations.  I would not want to act without a complaint being copied to
ooo-users-owner@ incubator.apache.org.  Unilateral action is not something I am willing to
accept an accountability for.

> FYI: There is a moderator procedure for unsubscribing an user (useful when someone gets
stuck and are unsuccessful at unsubscribing themselves).  There is no procedure for banning
someone from subscribing.  Subscription requests are not moderated.  Any changes would require
support from ASF Infrastructure; consideration of ASF policy is probably required as well.

>   - Dennis

Just like usenet, huh?  ...and we all know what happens there.

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org