From Dan <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open Office 3.4
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 15:32:06 GMT
Heldmx@aol.com wrote:
> Dear Dan, I did, in fact,  downloaded Open Office 3.4 from your site. In
> version 3.3, I had no problem with  a decent dictionary, thesaurus and
> synonyms. But now there are none of the  things I've come to rely on. Can you
> instruct me in how to repair my problems?  Sincerely, Michael Joel Held
> heldmx@aol.com
>

> In a message dated 7/1/2012 9:39:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> elderdanlewis@gmail.com writes:
>
> Russ  Kinsman wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just downloaded the "Open Office" 3.4  version and it is all encrypted.
> How can this be corrected? Can I go back to  the older version?
>> Thank you, Russ
> What do you  mean when you say the version is encrypted? Are you
> required to enter a  password to open it?
> >From where did you download this  file? It should have been
> www.openoffice.org.
> When  you answer these questions, someone can probably help you
> more. But do not  sent your reply directly to me. It needs to be sent to
> ooo-users@incubator.apache.org which is the email address you used to
> ask your  question.
>
> --Dan
      This is a bug that they are working to fix. You need to open the
Extension Manager. There you will find several English language
extension for dictionaries and thesauruses.
       The solution is to disable or remove all the extensions other
than the one that you need.
       For example, I need to use "English spelling and hyphenation
dictionaries and thesaurus 2008.12.15. I had no thesarus until I
disabled all the other English dictionary extensions.

--Dan