From "Karsten Burger" <karsten_bur...@gmx.de>
Subject Mixed oneway and normal/synchronous UNO interface calls
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:42:48 GMT
Hello,

I found this guarantee for oneway calls:

http://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/uno.html

    sequence of calls:
    UNO allows declaring a method oneway (or asynchron). Multiple, oneway calls are guaranteed
to be executed in the same sequence as they were called.

Now my question: what happens when oneway and normal synchronous calls are mixed?

We use UNO as a component framework for our large project (on Redhat Linux EL5.8)  with many
of our own interfaces. E.g. if several oneway calls are issued, and then a synchronous call,
does the synchronous call wait until the oneway calls are finished? Or are normal and oneway/async
calls not connected?

Thanks in advance.

Karsten
--