From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to save the standard template?
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 14:24:07 GMT
Hi Michelle,

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 02:17:49PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Ariel Constenla-Haile,
>
> Am 2012-07-20 18:58:06, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > where you using the OpenOffice version downloaded from the OpenOffice
> > website, or the version installed from Debian repositories?
>
> The Debian Version from Squeeze

by any change, did your system update from OOo 2 to OOo 3? Your OOo
Basic problem reported below looks like an issue from 2009, see
http://markmail.org/message/tmto6f63rv7z7mpx

> > OpenOffice saves the templates in $HOME/.openoffice.org/3/user/template
> > Take a look at that folder, may be it's there
>
> The Directory is there, even /tmplate/ with my  private  Templates,  but
> where is the standard/default template?

It looks like your setting where deleted, you will have to set
a default template again:

- File - Templates - Organize
- In "My Templates" select the template you want to set as default
- In "Commands" choose "Set As Default Template"

The default template information is stored in the OpenOffice registry,
in the user profile directory (in latest OpenOffice version in a file
named registrymodifications.xcu). A good solution is to create an
extension with your default settings, then you install this extension in
every computer you use.

> > > 1)  How can I setup and save a new standard template?
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Creating_a_template_from_a_document
>
> I know this, but this  does  not  correct  my  wrong  default  template,
> because it seems not to be saved.

Are you trying the steps I enumerated above? If they don't work, then
your installation is somehow broken.

> And there is an Error message if I open an ODT in OpenOffice:
>
>   Fehler beim Laden des BASIC des Dokuments
>   file:///usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/basic/Launcher/script.xlb/:
>   Allgemeiner Fehler.
>   Allgemeiner Ein-/Ausgabefehler.
>
> What can this be?
>
>   General Error
>   General I/O Error
>
> I have ths error since I upgraded my system.

It looks like an error other users reported:
http://markmail.org/message/tmto6f63rv7z7mpx

This might be something solved in Debian with a later package update.
Sorry I can't tell, Debian used Go-oo, an OpenOffice fork, not the
vanilla OOo.

In any case, if you don't find a solution in Debian, simply try copying
the files from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/wizards/source/launcher/
DicOOo.xba
dialog.xlb
script.xlb

OpenOffice does not include this basic code anymore (dictionaries are
now deployed as extensions).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile