From "M. Fioretti" <mfiore...@nexaima.net>
Subject Re: Time for an ooo-users FAQ? (was re: Great E-mail addendum)
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 07:00:24 GMT
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 09:53:14 AM +0800, Shenfeng Liu wrote:

> So ideally, I think the behavior should be like:

> (1) The system can identify if the sender is in the ooo-users list
>  or not.
>
> (2) If the sender is not in the ooo-users list
> (e.g. people@not-in-list.com) , when people reply, the receiver
> should automatically be "ooo-users + people@not-in-list.com". I'm
> not sure if our mail list is working this way or not.

Shenfeng,

this very issue has been an embarrassment for OOo/AOO/LO support for
almost TEN YEARS:

http://stop.zona-m.net/2010/11/a-proposal-for-effective-volunteer-friendly-user-support-in-libreoffice/

I have tried to suggest basically the same solution as you, with
plenty of details, many times in all those years. The last one, just a
few months ago on this very list: check the "a moderator's view of
this list" thread in

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-users/201204.mbox/thread

every time, the only reaction has been some combination of:

1) "I don't understand the proposal, so it must be wrong"

2) total lack of interest from the only ones that could implement it,
   that is the organizations that have admin access to the mailing
   list server

I suggest to you and anybody else (re) jumping in this discussion to
read very carefully that last thread, and then either do what is
suggested there, or just let it drop (nothing personal of course, just
a suggestion to spare you some frustration).

Marco