From John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Capability
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 20:40:16 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 16:09:57 -0400
Doug <dmcgarrett@optonline.net> dijo:

>On 07/12/2012 02:56 PM, Joanna Pearson - PCRX wrote:
>> Will OpenOffice convert a WordPerfect pleading (with lines) into a
>> Microsoft Word document that also has the pleading lines?
>>
>> Joanna Pearson
>> Paralegal
>> Office of the Public Advocate - Capital PCR Department
>> 3443 North Central Ave, Suite 706
>> Phoenix, AZ 85012
>> 602-329-0426
>>

>AFAIK, none of the StarOffice descendenbts--Symphony, OO, or LO can
>read WordPerfect files.
>--doug

I just double-clicked on a .wpd file and it automatically opened in
LibreOffice Writer. The file was created by a customer of mine in 2002.
I don't know what version of WordPerfect he had, but it couldn't have
been later than whatever they were selling in 2002. It's possible that
LO won't open files from newer versions of WPOffice, but I can't tell
because that is the newest .wpd file I have.