From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: AOO-3.4.0 freezes when pasting a whole sheet
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:12:07 GMT
On Sat, 7 Jul 2012 17:57:54 +0200
Fred Juan DIAZ <fredjuan.diaz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I recently did an installation on my ZenWalk Linux by deflating the
> .deb archive and putting it in /opt
> It works perfectly, excepted a strange behaviour that could perhaps be
> a bug, but...
>
> 1) Open a new empty Calc Sheet
> 2) Stay in sheet1 and write any text in A1
> 3) Select the whole sheet by clicking on the upper left corner (at the
> intersection of rows labels and lines labels)
> 4) Ctrl C to copy the whole sheet in memory
> 4) go to sheet 2
> 5) select the whole sheet by clicking on the upper left corner (at the
> intersection of rows labels and lines labels)
> 6) Ctrl V to paste sheet1 on sheet2
>
> AOO-3.4.0 freezes !
>
> $ top shows 95% proc used and amount of used memory increasing every 5 s
> obliging to kill (-15 is enough)
> Does someone reproduce this behavior on other platforms ?
>
> (before opening an issue, I prefer being sure the problem doesn't come
> from my install.)
>
> Fred Juan DIAZ

I tried this on Ubuntu 11.10 with AOO 3.4.  It worked correctly, pasting from Sheet 1 to Sheet
2 (and also to Sheet3, just to be sure) effectively instantaneously.

I have installed using the method described in the Forum Tutorial at
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=68

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>