From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: Admin Guide or some help please
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 17:32:34 GMT
On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 13:26 -0400, drew wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-07-01 at 17:53 +0100, Mark Mc Nicholas wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > We're looking at deploying OO in our company many work stations and I don't
> > need the exercise of going around to all the workstations setting the
> > default file format etc.
> > I read on oooforum.org that this could be done by setting up a central repo
> > of the config files and syncing them to the workstations. This would work
> > however there is no info on how to this.
> > I've looked here
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guidefor
> > an admin guide but there appears to be nothing.
> > I've seen this product "http://openofficetechnology.com/" however we can't
> > afford it at the min. I've had a hard enough time convincing my bosses we
> > should give OO a try but if there is no admin documentation I can present
> > to them then the idea is dead before it starts
> > Can anyone please help on this one
> > Cheers
> > Mark
>
> Hi Mark
>
> Well this link works for me, just now
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Administration_Guide
>
> The guide is a little old, but for the most part should still be valid.
>
> There are links on that wiki page for pdf and odf formats of the same
> gide, HOWEVER, the content in the wiki pages is IIRC more current then
> either the pdf or odt file.

me again - but maybe that link to the pdf isn't on the wiki - here is a
link to what I believe is the last published pdf version, published for
3.2 so like say a little bit out of date.
http://lo-portal.us/aoo/docs/AdministrationGuide_OOo3.2.0.pdf

[fairly sure that is stored on the main webstie also, just can't pull up
the URL right now]

//drew