From Brian Barker <>
Subject Re: Macro or its equivalent to replace double spaces with single space.
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 04:22:27 GMT
At 19:26 17/07/2012 +0100, Niall Martin wrote:
>That's the sort of thing I used to do in Lotus Wordpro -- and
>similar for redundant carriage returns -- and find difficult to do
>on Writer.  Put spaces and carriage returns etc in quotes or?  If
>there is a simple way of doing it in find and replace it is really
>much better than setting up macros and the like.

You mean you want to remove empty paragraphs?  Just search for ^$
(circumflex-dollar) and replace with nothing.  Click More Options and
tick "Regular expressions".  The circumflex anchors the search to the
beginning of a paragraph and the dollar sign to the end of a
paragraph - so the pair with nothing in between match only an empty paragraph.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: