From "Roy Stephenson" <ro...@ntlworld.com>
Subject Re: Version 3.4 En GB version
Date Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:16:49 GMT
Thanks drew. I've installed it and been trying it out for a while - Writer
and Impress. Up to now, everything seems to be working OK.

-----Original Message-----
From: drew
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:27 PM
To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Version 3.4 En GB version

On Sun, 2012-07-22 at 22:05 +0100, Roy Stephenson wrote:
> According to this page -
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=OOo3_3_en-US&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
>     “A release for British English is not available”
> After hacking my way round the help site I found this
> https://translate.apache.org/en_GB/ which suggests that everything is 100%
> complete. What needs to happen now to get an English version of Open
> Office?
>
> Also, is there an English (UK) spellcheck dictionary, or is it planned? I
> would be happy to help with future “translation” work but I don’t know
> how.

Hello Roy,

The en_GB packages are coming with the pending 3.4.1 release.

A pre-release, preview, installation file is currently available from
our wiki at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/f8KoAQ

I believe the final, general release, of 3.4.1 will likely happen within
the next few weeks.

Having another set of eyes looking over the release candidate is of
course welcomed, heartily ;)

Best,

//drew