From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject Great E-mail addendum
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:11:52 GMT

Your "As a courtesy ..." addendum is terrific.  I admire how it encourages participation on
the list and not sinking into requests for personal support.

I am going to steal that, although I am thinking of replacing the "To subscribe ..." sentence
with something like:

"To subscribe to this list, send a simple message of any kind to <>.
 Send from the e-mail address that you want to receive mail from the list.  Carefully follow
the confirmation instructions in the reply that you will receive from ooo-users-help@

"For information on other lists of the Apache OpenOffice project, visit <>.
 There are also alternatives for viewing lists that do not require e-mail delivery."

Because that is getting lengthy, I would put the statement about the Community Forums higher

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Gusaas []
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 08:58
Subject: Re: Problem with new version

[ ... ]

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not

reply to me personally but just to the list at <> - replies
to my
personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.To

subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to

For user support you can also use The Community Forum

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: