From Ross Dawson <ross.daw...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: OpenOffice #12, LibreOffice #5
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 01:43:08 GMT
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:49:13 +0200, you wrote:

>2012/6/8 Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net>
>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> There is an amusing side to this "ratings" thread:
>>
>> The "quality rating" for Libre Office was from 8 users while OpenOffice
>> had only 1 user.
>>
>> The "versatility rating" for Libre Office was from 3 users versus
>> OpenOffice with 0 user ratings.
>>
>> The "customer support rating" for Libre Office was from 3 users versus
>> OpenOffice with 1 user.
>>
>> Not what I would call solid evidence for opinions one way or the other.
>>
>> I am *not* suggesting that anyone start a ballot box stuffing campaign.
>>
>> I am suggesting that working on the OpenDocument Format, OpenOffice, Libre
>> Office or one of the other office suites or utilities that use the
>> OpenDocument Format, is a good use of your time.
>>
>> Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!
>>
>> Patrick
>

>Agree with Patrick !...
>
>Henri

From my personal point of view whoever brings out a stable 64 bit
version is the one I will portably end up using.

I have been using Open office since the sun star office days and paid
a very reasonable price for the privilege, however it seemed to
languish under Oracle!

Just as an aside anyone got any idea why when calc is open (not sure
about other aps) The volume control on my keyboard fails to work, no
other program I regularly use exhibits this behavior.