From Ross Dawson <ross.daw...@clear.net.nz>
Subject Re: Importing back improvements from LibreOffice
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 23:24:52 GMT
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 18:21:19 +0200, you wrote:

>2012/6/4 drew <drew@baseanswers.com>
>
>> On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 11:00 +0200, Dwayne Henderson wrote:
>> > I feel it's a major waste of resources that OOo has been split up into
>> > multiple projects.
>>
>> Not at all the projects have different cultures, different development
>> styles and different overall goals.
>>

>Just because people come from different cultures doesn't mean they can't
>get along. The main goal has always been to create the best Office suite
>possible - so let's unite around that.
>

>> > We should unite.
>>

>> It's that hard for a user - Pick which application suits you best and
>> use it.
>>

>No, what is hard for a user is having to choose between several projects
>that all do the same thing.
>

>> If you want to develop code for both projects you could do that, no one
>> will stop you directly.
>>

>That is the whole point of this thread - why waste time and brain power
>making either project half-a**ed when we can unite and resume kicking MS
>Office's a**?
>
>Mikkel
Bravo someone has finally said what I have been thinking.

Have you not heard the term divide and rule 5 office products but only
1 Microsoft office (you know what you get right out of the box few sub
flavours if it works for you then why look at anything else)

I have enough time trying to get things done around here without
having to try and sort out which product is best to use in my
particular case.

I use open office because of price.  I wish for me that there was
another reason but alas right now there isn't.