From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation Issue with Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US-1.dmg --- Has anyone seen this issue?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:16:32 GMT

On 2012-06-12 3:42 PM Robert Garron wrote:
> To all and to any who can help:
>

> I just down loaded and attempted to install OpenOffice.org 3.4 onto a MacBook Pro running
--->
> Mac OS X  Version 10.7.4  (also known as Lion)
>
> I received the following error:----->
>
> OpenOffice.org 3.4 - Fatal Error
>
> The application cannot be started.
> [context="bundled"] caught unexpected exception!
>

> Steps I have taken thus far in trying to debug this issue:
> 1) I removed the old OpenOffice completely
> 2) I deleted the download and re-downloaded the software thinking a corruption could
have
> happened (did this twice)
> Still the error persists... :(
>
> Can anyone provide steps to follow to fix this issue?
> What logs should I look into to find a lead to the issue?
>
> Are there any other "sub-systems" that need to be upgraded to run OO V3.4?
>
> Thank you all in advance for your help on this issue,
> Robert

Try resetting your user profile. For Mac users the location is:

    /Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/OpenOffice.org/3/user

The user folder is hidden in OS X version 10.7.xx To see it:

    Option-click the Go menu
    Choose Library from the menu to open the folder in the Finder.

Rename the profile by changing the \user folder name to \user.old for example. This way, you

still keep a backup of your configuration.
Restart AOO/OOo, it will create a new profile

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com