From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Space before every line
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 02:46:13 GMT
KG01-see comments inline.

On Thursday, June 28, 2012, Dan wrote:

> Srinivasulu Bhattaram wrote:
>
>> I have a text file, which has one space before every line
>> How to remove this using search and replace option
>> For carriage return or <Enter>, I learnt that we hould use "\n" (quotes
>> not included)  and keep Regular Expressions on.
>> But I do not know what is code for space

KG01 - Why is this so complicated.  Such system language hides the power of
the tool. The tool should understand natural language inputs.

Perhaps we could explore ways to provide such system-oriented syntax to the
user in the context of the task.  In other words, update the UI design to
include a way to evoke a cheat sheet, or even better, implement a way for
the user to insert syntax using natural language, with the system
interpreting behind the scenes.

I suppose this is a broader usability theme that appears throughout the
toolset. We should explore ways reduce the complexity of system-oriented
command inputs and make advanced capabilities more consumable to less
technical users.

After all, this is a tool to help people capture their thoughts and share
ideas - not a development environment.

Thoughts?