From Mikkel Bang <facebookman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing back improvements from LibreOffice
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 16:21:19 GMT
2012/6/4 drew <drew@baseanswers.com>

> On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 11:00 +0200, Dwayne Henderson wrote:
> > I feel it's a major waste of resources that OOo has been split up into
> > multiple projects.
>
> Not at all the projects have different cultures, different development
> styles and different overall goals.

Just because people come from different cultures doesn't mean they can't
get along. The main goal has always been to create the best Office suite
possible - so let's unite around that.

> > We should unite.
>

> It's that hard for a user - Pick which application suits you best and
> use it.

No, what is hard for a user is having to choose between several projects
that all do the same thing.

> If you want to develop code for both projects you could do that, no one
> will stop you directly.

That is the whole point of this thread - why waste time and brain power
making either project half-a**ed when we can unite and resume kicking MS
Office's a**?

Mikkel