From Fred Juan DIAZ <fredjuan.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error with AOO 4.3 and Ubuntu 12.04 - Does not display text
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:26:30 GMT
2012/6/22 Eduardo Alexandre <eduardogula@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I uninstalled Windows and installed Ubuntu 12.04 on my notebook.
> The default office suite is LibreOffice, then i uninstalled LibreOffice and
> installed OpenOffice 3 but it does not display the texts.
> The images are here:
> http://www.dominustech.com.br/foto_openoffice/foto1.png
> http://www.dominustech.com.br/foto_openoffice/foto2.png
> http://www.dominustech.com.br/foto_openoffice/foto3.png
>
> Initially installed with OpenJDK and how has the bug, removed and installed
> Java of Oracle.
>
> I have Ubuntu 4.12 64bit, Oracle Java 64bits and OpenOffice 3.4. All
> updated.
>
> Does anyone have any idea how to solve?
>

> [ ]'
> ____________________
> Eduardo Alexandre
===================================
Hi,
It looks like a problem with system fonts used by default in AOO34
may be the Famous ghost font " Andale Sans UI " replaced by "DejaVu
Sans" in Tools > Options > Fonts

Try to
1- uninstall AOO34
2- verify if there is nothing left in /opt
3- rename your own user directory, for example  ~/.openoffice.org/3
--> ~/.open,office.org/3-saved
     in case you would wish to reuse some config later.
4- Re-install AOO34

Your pb should be solved

Fred Juan DIAZ