From Shan Zhu <shanzh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Complex numbers in functions
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 02:35:00 GMT
Getting 9 as a result, it causes by incorrect parameter format in your
formula.
The complex number should be put in a pair of double quotation marks, like
this:=IMPRODUCT("3+4i";"3-4i")
The formula =IMPRODUCT(3+i4,3-i4) will be regarded as (3+ (value in cell
i4))*(3-(value in cell i4)), so it returns 9.
The formula =IMPRODUCT(2+i2,0.5-i.5), i.5 is not a valid cell reference, so
#REF returned.

Regards, Shan Zhu