From John Innes <jginne...@gmail.com>
Subject Print dialog problems
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:51:49 GMT
*I no longer can print envelopes nor user-defined, small sheets on OO 3.4. *

**There are two problems:
* envelope sizes are jiggered to sizes larger than their specified sizes,
plus one non-zero margin, all apparently to favor some inflexible,
inadequate printer.
* the default *letter-size* [8.5" x 11"] now imposes itself regardless of a
user-specified, smaller format. Surprisingly, it does pay attention to user
input regarding *portrait *or *landscape.*

I have a Samsung ML-3051ND monochrome laser printer on which envelopes are
center-fed. The falsely jiggered envelope sizes and margin, for God knows
which deficient printer, take an inordinate amount of time to overcome,
even if the *letter-size* reimposed later in the print preparation, did not
happen.

I tried to simplify and evade the jiggered problem with a User-defined,
sheet-size [3.375" x 6.625" landscape] with the minimal printer margins
[0.22"] defined on all sizes. Then the *letter-size *image appeared in the
Print dialog which caused the text to be moved clear off the small sheet.

I regard these as major problems despite the fact that printing is never
considered an "Interesting" software problem. The old printer dialog was
excellent except for the jiggering problem. Please go back there and fix
'jiggering'.

John

P.S. The *About *text that specifies release version and build cannot be
copied to the clipboard so I have to type it myself.
        OpenOffice.org 3.4.0
        AOO340m1(Build:9590) - Rev 1327774