From Fernando Cassia <>
Subject Re: AOO como padrão no Ubuntu
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 16:34:44 GMT
On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Eduardo Alexandre

> Is there any possibility of OpenOffice become the standard office suite for
> Linux distributions like Ubuntu, for example?
> What would it take for this?
> Greats,
> Eduardo Alexandre

I' d like to see that too, but given the different licenses, I' d say the
LO license fits the rest of the GNU system more than the AOO one.

Having said that, nothing prevents Linux distros from packaging non-GPL
code. I remember the days before Mozilla when Linux distros used to ship
Netscape Navigator for *nix and even the Netscape Fastrack Web Server in
some distros (Caldera).

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
- George Orwell