From Guenter Marxen <guenter.mar...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Space before every line
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2012 01:05:41 GMT
Hello,

if I recall correctly, there is only spoken of space before (or perhaps
after) a "text line" in Writer.

There are paragraph attributes in (german) "Einzüge und Abstände"
(perhaps in English 'Indents and Distances") "Abstand Über" or "Unter
Absatz" (Engl. perhaps Distence above / under) and "Zeilenabstand"
(perhaps "line distance").

Perhaps you control the parapraph attributes?

MfG
G. Marxen

Am 28.06.2012 18:55, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 16:45:54 +0000 (UTC)
> Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Grand@me.com> wrote:
>
>> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Have you seen what the SlickEdit coding editor has?  Here is their
>>> search dialog:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~robweir/slickedit-re-dialog.png
>>>
>>> So you can click a button to pop out a list of common RE patterns.
>>
>> Interesting. What is inserted into the text field, then? Some
>> human-readable tokens, or the RE ones?
>>
>>> But this is more of an aid to someone who already understands RE's.
>>> I'm not sure we can do much to make this conceptually much easier for
>>> end users, since regular expressions have a certain amount of
>>> essential complexity.  Or would it make sense to support more than one
>>> RE variation, maybe full RE, but also DOS-style with only * and ?
>>> qualifiers?
>>
>> That is what MSDEV (Developer studio) does. It allows to choose between
>> 'Wildcarts' and 'Regular expression', where the first one accepts simple
>> '*' placeholders. An alternative for users, but limited. Maybe a good
>> compromize...
>>
>>> -Rob

>> --
>> ALG

> Perhaps a valid solution might be a rewrite of Find and Replace, simplifying it and allowing
it to use various tokens so that Regular Expression usage was completely concealed or even
disabled.

> Then add (if permitted by the author) AltSearch,
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/search/node/altsearch
> or advise its download as an extension; this is a much more powerful mechanism and which
could be available but out of the way of the inexperienced User.