From Mike Scott <>
Subject Re: Select Multiple Drawings
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:16:33 GMT
On 26/06/12 14:55, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Shan Zhu,
> Shan Zhu schrieb:
>> Hi, Regina
>> In Draw, Presentation, Shift key works.
>> In Writer, seems it does not support selecting multiple drawing
>> objects at
>> the same time.
> Selecting multiple drawing objects with Shift+Click should work in
> Writer as well. If it is not possible, then it is a bug. One known
> problem is reported in
> I can select multiple drawing objects, if no picture is present. If you
> cannot do it when no picture is present, then please write a bug report.
> Selecting multiple pictures in Writer is not implemented. Feature
> request is

Hmmm. Doesn't seem to work on frames either (OOo 3.2/ubuntu 10.04) but
does work on shapes, text boxes and freeform lines, at least. Text boxes
sometimes get handles shown their outline marked, but not always.

I seem to recall in 2.x (iirc) you could /never/ select more than one
object in Writer. I notice the OP didn't give a version.

I'm tempted to wonder about the structure of the code, that treats
displayed items so inconsistently. Better not though :-)

Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: