From "Girvin R. Herr" <girvin.h...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Form layout messed up when live; ok in design mode
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 19:13:58 GMT
Gary,
You don't say how you saved the form design, but you must save twice.
Click the save icon (floppy disk) in the form window and then click the
save icon in the main window if it is not grayed out.  If you don't do
the latter, the form changes may not have been saved and the next time
you open it, you get the old version.  I make it a habit to do both
saves whenever either save icon is not grayed out.
Hope this helps.
Girvin Herr

Gary Aitken wrote:
> I'm just starting to use base as a front end for some mysql stuff.
>
> I created a form using the wizard, then went into design mode and rearranged things.
 After saving the form, when I switch out of design mode or simply open the form fresh, the
placement of the controls is not what it was when I saved it.  If I dismiss the "live" form
and then right click on the form from the main database window and choose edit, the controls
are where they belong.