From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Form layout messed up when live; ok in design mode
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:32:06 GMT
2012.06.23. 20:17 keltezéssel, Gary Aitken írta:
> I'm just starting to use base as a front end for some mysql stuff.
>
> I created a form using the wizard, then went into design mode and rearranged things.
 After saving the form, when I switch out of design mode or simply open the form fresh, the
placement of the controls is not what it was when I saved it.  If I dismiss the "live" form
and then right click on the form from the main database window and choose edit, the controls
are where they belong.

> Can anyone explain to me what is going on and how to fix / get around it?
It depends on what mode you created the form. Base opens forms in web
mode, if you created in print view it can be messed up.
AOO has a know bug with forms web mode, the forms first opens in print
view. This will be corrected in AOO 3.4.1.
Work around when you start Base open form in edit mode, switch between
views (print, web), save form.
When you reopen it, will work correctly.
Zoltan