From Gary Aitken <openoff...@dreamchaser.org>
Subject using a form to search or step through database records
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 18:26:33 GMT
This is probably a dumb question, but is it possible to use a form to search within a database?

I created a form for a table in a mysql database.  When I activate the form, the first record
in the table is displayed.  Is there a "next" and "previous" button somewhere to move to the
next record?  I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't seem to find a way to do this.

If I try to use the search button, it always says "not found".  It doesn't seem to find any
label text in the current form, any data text in the current form, or any new record in the
table to which the form is connected.  What is the search looking at and how do I make it
work?

Thanks for any hints,

Gary