From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Impress - sending display to a separate X server?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 07:48:29 GMT
I can happily run Impress using a secondary monitor on a single machine.
But looking at possible future options, I'm wondering if it's possible
to send just the presentation display to a completely separate X server
(keeping the control window on the local machine). That would allow a
decently large distance to the display equipment without having long
video cable runs. I've a suspicion not, at least without using xdmx or
similar, but would love to ber wrong.

(Using ubuntu or debian; not windows :-)) )

TIA.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England