From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice #12, LibreOffice #5
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:39:06 GMT
"Marra Åsheim" wrote:
> Been reading some of the more recent discussions on this list and I agree --
>
>   Let's be real: We need to up our game http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-26/obama-says-u-s-needs-to-up-game-to-compete-in-shift-to-business-agenda.html
 here.

>   Let's not make it any more difficult than it is: LibreOffice stole from us. Now it's
time to steal some  back!

>   Marra

even on the front page. Marra
      Being angry and using language that is inappropriate
does not produce any worthwhile results. What does work is
to produce a good product. OOo was badly handled by Oracle
when it bought Sun Microsystems. The time it took for Apache
to straighten out all the licenses and code was part of the
problem. Wait for a while until Apache Open Office becomes
better known before you begin a rant like this. You might be
surprised at the difference in attitudes. But remember it
will take time.
      I have been around Open Office since its source code
was first made open source. Very few people knew about it
then either. Things change with time.

--Dan