From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject (OT) Re: AOO, pdf and kindle
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 08:13:28 GMT
On 07/06/12 18:13, Bonnie Hendricks wrote:
> Not sure I understand you, Mike. I an an author. To get one's book on
> Kindle, one must upload it from their computer to amazing's Kindle
> converter. No email involved. Just sending the completed file.
> On Jun 7, 2012 9:53 AM, "Mike Scott"<mike@scottsonline.org.uk>  wrote:

Email or direct upload, I'd be singularly unhappy at being forced to
send all my reading material via anyone like amazon. I can't see any
reason at all why one shouldn't upload directly (over usb or whatever)
something a kindle will handle. Makes me suspicious if they set up a
system that forces an unnecessary dependency; sets my privacy-o-meter
all atremble. (It's one reason I've shelved the idea of buying one.)

Can any confirm please whether this is indeed part of amazon's scheme,
and whether others may be differently managed?

(This sub-thread is well OT for this list; if no-one actually knows the
answer, I'll drop the subject.)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England