From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject AOO, pdf and kindle (was: Re: Is this working?)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:53:00 GMT
On 01/06/12 19:29, Bonnie Hendricks wrote:
> LOL! Thanks!! I'm just into writing books . Does anyone there know if the
> Kindle "thing" at amazon can read files from Open Office? I'm not about to
> buy Word from Microsoft again ... After installing several times due to
> hard drive crashes and trying to put it on a new computer ... I was
> informed I had used up my opportunities to install. I paid $149 for that
> CD!! Shall we talk about greed?

If it will read a pdf, you can always export as pdf (or use a
pseudo-printer, which has some advantage) from within AOO.

My own reservation is that AIUI you have to email everything to Amazon
for downloading to your kindle, which (a) is stoopid on sundry counts,
and (b) gives them access to everything you read. OT I know, but while
we're here, can anyone confirm/deny this please?

(PS. it's a good idea not to hijack a thread; it's also good to set the
subject line appropriately for the content!)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England