From Scooter C <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Re: [Calc] Feature request: Change default cell width from 2,27cm to 2,50cm
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:04:57 GMT
Good Morning Group,

I don't understand this discussion.
Imperial or metric. Is this about Open Office (AOO) or mathematics.

I personally wished that the USA would go metric just to be in sync with
the global "standard".
USA money is metric, but nothing else. Which is the one conversion this
discussion hasn't discussed.
I do agree with several of you, It should be OUR choice which
measuring|mathematical system we want to use, period.
At the very least, the user should be aware of what AOO is using. Thanks
to the group for the clues.

Even Autocad and other CAD programs, allow the client to choose the math
system or have both, at the same time.
The Hubble telescope was a great demonstration of what happens when you
aren't aware of which math system is being used and that was by
knowledgeable scientists!

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA